We provide a facility where rodeo and the western heritage can be experienced by the people of Wichita County and the surrounding area while serving charitable organizations through financial gifts and service.
In 1957 a group of 15 men, under the leadership of Dr. Ted Alexander, organized the Wichita County Sheriff’s Patrol. 10 years later the Sheriff’s Patrol changed its name to the Wichita County Mounted Patrol.
The first professional rodeo was hosted by the Patrol in 1958 at Spudder ballpark on the north side of Wichita Falls. After hosting three professional rodeos at the ballpark and one at Midwestern State University’s football field, construction was complete on the arena located on FM 369. In 1961 the fourth annual Red River Rodeo was held at this new facility.